The durably crafted RL-8500XLT brake lathe resurfaces brakes quicker and more precisely than any other
The RL-8500XLT Heavy-Duty Combination Brake Lathe by Ranger represents the future of brake lathe technology while simultaneously maintaining the classic design auto pros and technicians are most familiar with. By implementing DC servo motor controls for the cross feed and spindle feed drives, we’ve removed any need for cumbersome mechanical gear boxes and transmissions used in older brake lathes. Effectively, the RL-8500XLT Brake Lathe drastically decreases lifetime repair and maintenance cost when compared to other
One of the common problems that plague other brake lathes is the vibration and chatter transfer that directly affects the tool-tip and leaves an imperfect cut on the machined surface. The RL-8500XLT Brake Lathe by Ranger is specifically designed to address this issue by eliminating the need for gear-driven mechanical drives and variable-speed transmission devices.
How stable is a Ranger brake lathe? See for yourself - Click Here
Ranger brake lathes replaced antiquated transmission / gears found on other brands. You would be surprised if you stood back and watched a brake lathe machine a finish cut on a rotor or drum or flywheel. Brake rotors are very smooth or should be. If you were to turn a rotor on any lathe then drop a hammer on the floor next to the lathe, you would see a noticeable degradation of the cut at the moment of impact. Vibration causes frequencies which
Since its introduction nearly four decades ago, the design of our RL-8500 series brake lathes has been a favorite of brake service professionals everywhere. It's simple, it's fast, it's very precise and it runs forever. Features include our twin-cutter tool head with micrometer dials and quick drum-to-rotor changeover, adjustable speed settings allow you for quicker rough cuts or slower smooth cuts and an infinitely adjustable
The absence of gear-driven mechanical drives and variable-speed transmission devices reduces service and repair costs dramatically over the unit's lifetime.
|Dual servo motors
The revolutionary RL8500 brake lathe uses independent DC servo motors to control the cross feed and spindle feed drives eliminating the need for complex mechanical gear boxes and transmissions typically found on mechanically-driven brake lathes.
Heavy-duty bench included
Other manufacturers might try to make you pay extra for a sturdy bench, but Ranger throws it in as a standard accessory. Plenty of storage on the backboard to keep your tooling close at hand, a durable multi-compartment toolbox for adapters and a large chip “catch” funnel plus chip bin to keep your workspace both clean and safe--all this comes included in your RL-8500XLT purchase.
|A complete brake lathe tooling package comes standard
Micro-dial twin tool cutter, boring bar, inside floating adapters, self-aligning
|Simple and secure
Our sensible ergonomic design allows you to work quickly and efficiently. Simple up-front controls are designed for minimal operator movement. Large bench with tool storage boards
Adjustable work lamps
Keeps your work area properly lighted, even in the darkest corners of your shop.
|Catch the chips
Included chip catch funnels debris into a large chip bin, ensuring easy disposal and a tidy work area.
|Optional extended RL-8500XLT truck adapter set
Our super-duty adapter package consists of an upgraded 1-7/8" arbor and a wide variety of adapters. This enormous set allows you to expand the coverage to handle virtually any vehicle, all the way through 1-ton trucks!
Ranger brake lathes are easy to operate and durable enough to withstand the
Always at your service
How stable is a Ranger brake lathe? See for yourself - click here.
The RL-8500 brake lathe simply offers more—more features, more performance, more utility, more flexibility and more productivity than you’ve ever imagined. That’s what makes this one of the soundest investments for yourself and your business.
- Extended capacity spindle can be used on brake drums 10” deep
- Rear bushing location provides extra support for the arbor
- Capable of truing even the heaviest drum rotors
- In contrast to mechanically-driven transmission and gear boxes, the RL-8500XLT uses precision electric DC servo motors designed to meet the demanding requirements of industrial motion control
- Quick-Change Adapter-Plus system with built-in springs eliminates the need for conventional bell clamps and cones
- Works on all cars or trucks, both foreign and domestic, with hubless drums, rotors (center hole sized 2-5/32” – 4”) and composite rotors (center hole sized 4” – 6-1/4”)
- The RL-8500XLT is equipped with features that help increase your service capability, like precision twin cutter tools and a quick drum-to-rotor changeover
- Infinitely variable spindle and cross feed speed settings allow for quick rough and precision finish cuts
- Simple ergonomic controls are designed for minimal operator movement
- Legendary control makes unit easy to learn and master.
- The RL-8500XLT maintains accuracy year after year thanks to ruggedly constructed components, like a hardened, precision ground spindle that resists grooving and makes boots a thing of the past
- Massive tapered spindle bearings offer superior weight support during rotation
- Our exclusive "splash-lube" oil-feed system supplies a constant flow of oil to the bearings making sure they provide years of trouble-free service
- Serpentine belts provide a faster, quieter operation, reducing chatter and vibration
- An independent cross-feed motor eliminates the need for plastic or bronze shear gears which are expensive and time consuming to replace
- A convenient top storage tray means your popular adapters and tools are kept within short reach
- Separate motors on the drum and rotor feed help maximize the main motor's efficiency
- Our deluxe standard adapter package includes a Quick-Change hubless adapter system that makes mounting rotors and drums quick and easy
- A variety of adapters let you machine all standard and composite rotors for foreign and domestic cars and light trucks
- A 450-lb. cast iron body and a solid work bench reduces transient vibrations, ensuring a smooth uninterrupted surface finish with each pass
- Easily change arbor speeds in seconds: choose 150 or 200 rpm, depending on the job
- Positive rake cutter tip angle provides for a single-pass finish virtually every time, allowing you to complete your work faster than with inferior multi-pass lathes
- Optional truck adapter kit available
- Motor drive unit: 115 – 230 VAC / 50 – 60 Hz / 1 Ph / 20 amp
- Max rotor thickness: 2-1/2" / 64 mm
- Max rotor diameter: 17" / 432 mm
- Brake drum diameter: 6" – 28" / 152 mm – 711 mm
- Max load with standard 1" arbor: 150 lbs. / 68 kg
- Max load with optional 1-7/8" truck arbor: 250 lbs. / 113 kg
- Spindle travel: 9-7/8" / 248 mm
- Spindle speed: 150 rpm – 200 rpm
- Cross feed speed: (∞) 0 - .010" per revolution / 0 - 0.25 mm per revolution
- Spindle feed speed:(∞) 0 - .020" per revolution / 0 - 0.55 mm per revolution
- Overall mounted height: 62" / 1,575 mm
- Spindle to floor (mounted): 39-1/2" / 1,003 mm
- Required floor space (width): 53" / 1,347 mm
- Required floor space (depth): 36" / 914 mm
- Shipping weight including bench and tools: 720 lbs. / 327 kg
Featured accessories for the RL-8500XLT
|Voltage:||115 – 230 VAC|
|Max rotor thickness:||2-1/2"|
|Max rotor diameter:||17"|
|Max drum diameter:||28"|
|Max load 1" arbor:||150 lbs.|
|Max load optional 1-7/8" arbor:||250 lbs.|
|Max spindle speed:||200 rpm|