The Ranger NextGen™ series R980AT and R980ATF, a variable high speed model, perform masterfully on a wide variety of wheels, including virtually all OEM configurations and performance tyre and wheel configurations. The R980AT features the latest in design and wheel service technology and provides the best value and performance in its class. The R980AT tyre changer is easy to operate, rugged, and equipped with a power assist tower to help when mounting low-profile performance tyres. The powerful motor and gear box works systematically at a controlled speed for easy tire removal and installation. Ergonomic controls are sensibly placed to minimize excessive reaching, walking, or bending resulting in more jobs per day and increased profits. Large, storage trays provide ample space for weights, tools and accessories.
• A new high-torque electric turntable drive features increased speed and reversible direction for quicker tyre removal and installation. Controlled speed gives low profile and run-flat beads time to relax to reduce the risk of tyre damage.
• Traveling Drop-Center Top-Mount Helper/Swing-In Botton Helper Disc - A powerful pneumatic drop-center tool dramatically reduces the effort required to change tough-sidewall tires. Workers can concentrate on working safer and more efficiently. Holds run-flat and low-profile sidewalls in the drop-center then follows the bead around as the tire mounts. A “swing-in” bottom disc can be used to re-loosen stubborn bottom beads or provide lift and support for wide or heavy tyres.
• Improved electric motor
features the best of proven technologies, including rugged copper rotor
construction, stronger high-quality ball bearings, thermal-cool epoxy
insulation, and durable rolled steel frames.
• The R980ATF model features true variable speed control allowing operators to match turntable rotational speed with varied tire and wheel combinations. R980ATF requires 208-230V, 50/60HZ, 1-phase power supply.
• Up front controls and a sensible ergonomic design provide ease of use and more efficient operation.
• Stainless-steel and aluminum pneumatic cylinders are designed to reduce machine vibration and provide low-friction and long life operation. Internal end-of-stroke cushions are standard that help provide cushioning at the end of each full stroke to rescue wear on seals, wear band and piston rod.
• A balanced flywheel helps the machine run smoothly, reduces vibration, and helps minimize associated stress on other machinery components.
• A completely new and proprietary bead-breaker design features bilateral pneumatic accelerators for lightening fast bead-breaker speeds in both directions. • A 100% stainless-steel bead breaker cylinder body means no more worrying about moisture contamination from corrosion due to air source condensation. Other exclusive design features include a multi-axis, adjustable blade for multi-angle tyre capacity, a large, dual-flange axle that eliminates blade flex and premature failure, and adjustable blade settings that help accommodate a larger variety of tyre and wheel combinations.
• Enhanced bead breaker arm features rugged box frame construction that increases the mechanical strength and assures years of dependable service and performance. A large rubber bump-stop assures smooth return to help reduce shock loading and minimize wear on pneumatic cylinder, guides and associated moving parts.
• A hardened alloy steel mount and demount head has a unique equidimensional shape with micro-smooth tool head surface that glides tire beads effortlessly during mounting and demounting procedures.
• Industrial-grade, 45-micron, pneumatic control valves feature die cast and machined bodies constructed from zinc and aluminum. High-performance polyurethane seals and self-lubricating, Teflon® piston guides provide increased service life and performance at the highest level possible within almost every imaginable working condition. Valve plungers feature muffled extrication ports that direct any dirt or contamination accumulated on the outside perimeter of the spool to be automatically blown away each time the valve goes into the release position.
• Dual-positioning hardened-steel RimGuard™ wheel clamps offer a wider range of wheel clamping capacity covering wheel sizes 10” - 25” . Internal and external multi-teeth jaws accommodate internal or external wheel clamping capability.
• A geometric tabletop provides for easier bead lubrication and allows operators to make visual inspections of the lower bead during mounting and inflation procedures.
• Durable forged steel (instead of cast iron) foot pedal levers will stand up to everyday use and abuse in high-volume tyre centers. Snap action spring return means precise and controlled operation.
• Foot pedal control valves feature multi-link rod connections for non-binding plunger movement and precise bilateral control.
• Ranger Next Gen™ tyre changers feature high pressure polyurethane pneumatic tubing with mirror smooth seamless bore for exceptional flow rates, high abrasion resistance, high burst tolerance and maximum kink resistance.
• Ranger tyre changers feature the renowned TurboBlast™ bead seating system* that blasts a powerful air burst between the tyre and rim to help seat stubborn beads fast. A durable, non-marring nylon discharge barrel features a contoured tab that locks securely on the edge of the rim for better control during air discharge between the tyre and wheel. A welded-steel, eight-gallon surge tank is larger than competitive models for all the inflation power you need, when you need it.
• A newly designed, maintenance-free gearbox features a large oil and grease reservoir that helps provide efficient heat dissipation and improved lubrication for longer service life. Internal baffles and a constant seating stress flange gasket assure positive, leak-free venting. The rugged gearbox enclosure is precision milled for precise alignment of horizontal and vertical bases and features precision helical gears that operate much more smoothly and quietly than typical spur gear transmissions.
• Important wheel service accessories come standard like a large soap bucket with brush and a multi-piece plastic wheel protector kit that includes turntable jaw covers, bead-breaker blade boots and specialized mount / demount head covers to help protect delicate wheels.
• We throw in a hardened steel tyre iron and bead lever tool to assist during all tyre mounting and demounting operations.
• All main-lead electrical terminals, auxiliary switches, and motor enclosures are sealed for air-tight, dust-free and contamination-proof protection of terminal leads.
• Specially engineered drive-belt features convex sidewalls to distribute wear evenly while providing proper belt support for improved service life. Flex-bonded cords and flex-weave covers resist the effects of oil, heat, ozone, weather and aging.
• A rigid 45mm spring assist hexagonal vertical tool shaft combined with a hardened-steel horizontal outrigger support arm maintains perfect position of the mount-demount tool head during all tyre service procedures to reduce the chance of expensive wheels getting damaged.
• A simple to use tyre inflator features foot-pedal operation and inflation hose with a sure-grip clip-on valve chuck enabling hands-free operation. Integrated air pressure dump valve enables you to lower tyre pressure with a simple push of a button.
• Optional motorcycle turntable clamps add a whole extra level of versatility. Expand your capabilities, clientele and your bottom line.
- Single assist tower with traveling drop‐center tools, tire lifter
- R980ATF model features slow and fast, true variable speed control
- Dual-setting bead breaker
- Rigid fixed tower design
- Pistol inflation gauge with integrated air dump valve
- Inflation regulator / limiter
- Oversize lube / soap bucket storage
- Inflation restraint device
- Tool tray / bin storage
- High‐torque electric turntable
- Water filter
- Oiler / lubricator
- Air regulator
- TurboBlast™ bead sealing system
- Breaker bar
- Includes brush
- Large storage trays
- Traveling drop-center hold down device
- For standard passenger and light truck service
- Manual lock tool holder
- Two-position turntable clamps
- Motorcycle turntable clamps optional
- Drive system type: electric / air
- R980AT Motor: 2 Hp / 110 - 220 VAC / 50 - 60 Hz
- R980ATF Motor: 2 Hp / 208-240 VAC / 50 - 60 Hz, 1 Phase - R980ATF NOT AVAILABLE IN 110 VOLTAGE
- Air requirement: 140 - 165 psi / 10 - 11 bar
- Wheel clamping method: 4 internal / external clamps
- Table clamping system: dual pneumatic cylinders
- Bead breaking system: pneumatic blade
- Powerful bead seating system: TurboBlast / bead seating
- Internal rim clamping capacity (inner position): 11.5" – 25.5" / 292 mm - 648 mm
- External rim clamping capacity (outer position): 10" – 22" / 254 mm - 559 mm
- Internal rim clamping capacity (inner postion): 13" – 25-1/2" / 330 mm - 647 mm
- External rim clamping capacity (outer position): 10" – 23.5" / 254 mm - 597 mm
- Maximum tire diameter: 50" / 1,270 mm
- R980AT Shipping Weight: 742 lbs./336 kgs.
- R980ATF Shipping Weight: 751 lbs./341 kgs.
Featured accessories for the R980AT / ATF
What customers are saying about the Tyre Changer Machines from Ranger Products
“I have one and let me tell it’s a darn good machine for the price!!!!”
"I bought a rim clamp ranger tire changer..............Don't know what size max would fit in the bead breaker, but it has a pretty wide throat. I personally wouldn't fart around with an old Coats, I'd get a rim clamp........I don't used mine everyday, but have used it quite a bit, and I like it. I bought it and a balancer in a package deal."
"Ranger is Bend-Pak in house brand. From the ones I have seen in use Ranger is not bad at all and for home use will last something just under 1,000 years."
- kurt M
|Wheel types:||aluminum, alloys, steel|
|Drive System:||electric / air|
|Air Requirement:||140 - 165 psi|
|Clamping method:||4 clamps|
|Internal clamping:||11" – 24"|
|External clamping:||10" – 23"|
|Mount capacity:||4.5" – 17.5"|