The RIC-4716 inflation cage guard is designed using 2-3/8” diameter, high-yield, seamless steel tubing with expansion properties to ensure strength, durability and safety. The gradual upper-arched mandrel bent tube design yields maximum space and is engineered to withstand and contain wheel and tire projectiles under extreme tire ruptures preventing potential injuries or deaths. The RIC-4716 stands 49-1/2" tall and 21” wide and features four welded-steel bars in order to meet the demands of all wheel service shops. It can handle tires with a maximum width of 16" and maximum diameter of 47" delivering full-capability performance. A solid-steel welded-steel base features a full-width angle-iron wheel cradle to keep the wheel safely contained within the inflation cage during all inflation procedures.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Exploding tires have a high potential for severe injury and death. Tire inflation safety cages are a mandatory precaution for safe tire inflation. Tire inflation cages provide valuable protection and exceed the OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.177 for servicing multi-piece and single-piece rim wheels. ALWAYS follow all warning and product instructions when using any inflation cage in order to prevent potential injuries or deaths.
For more information, we recommend this guideline: "Tyre safety, fires and explosions", which covers regulations issued by the Department of Industry and Resources, Safety and Health Division.
• 4 Bar welded-steel construction
• Gradual upper-arched mandrel bent tube design yields maximum space and is engineered to withstand and contain wheel and tyre projectiles under extreme tyre ruptures preventing potential injuries or deaths
• Solid-steel welded-steel base
• Four tubular steel base frame supports keeps cage elevated off the floor to prevent rust and corrosion
• Full-width angle-iron wheel cradle
• Max tyre width: 16" / 406 mm.
• Max. tyre diameter: 47" / 1194 mm.
• Height: 49-1/2" / 1257 mm.
• Width: 21" / 533 mm.
• Depth: 27" /686 mm.